Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

25x52: The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund

From The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s Info Page:
“The CBLDF exists to fight censorship and defend the first amendment rights of comic book professionals throughout the United States.”

“The CBLDF's guiding principle is that comics should be accorded the same constitutional rights as literature, film, or any other form of expression.”

Organization Homepage:

Why I Chose The CBLDF:

I’ve been a comic book fan since my early teens. I love the medium and have even produced a few myself. One of the things that constantly comes up in the world of comic books are freedom of speech issues. Like any other form of entertainment, artists are going to come out with things that may offend, and like those others forms of entertainment, they have the right to do so. To take that right away from one group, means that yours could be snatched from you in the future. There's more to it than that, of course, but I don’t want that to happen for the above or any other reason, and that’s why I’ve made this my first 25x52 donation.

Donation Page Direct Link:
http://www.cbldf.com/Donations_s/2.htm

My Donation Receipt:

No comments: