Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010, the year of giving...

Happy New Year to all!

So, you've all had about 16 hours at this point to break your resolutions--16 hours in my time zone at least, some of you have had over a day.

As for the passing year, it was more rough than smooth. Some people had a very good year, though, which is promising for the rest of us. It means that even in tough times good things happen. 2009 was an up and down year for me personally. I got engaged, left the publishing company I co-founded, was lucky enough to have my Day Job at the end while others there were not so fortunate, and watched loved ones lose theirs.

Once again I have high hopes for the New Year. 2010 promises new challenges and the next phase in an exciting adventure I started three years ago when I met my beloved. Our wedding is this May, the 15th to be exact. It's going to be an awesome event which I'm sure I'll share here.

Along with my wedding, my departure from BLAM! Ventures enables me to re-prioritize my writing life, my creative life really. I'm not going to go into all that right now, rather I'll follow Derek Sivers advise on handling that.

I will let you in on two things I'm doing, though:

The 42 Challenge. This is something I discovered only yesterday, but it coincided with something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and just haven't had the time to do. So I've signed myself up for it and should have something posted in the next couple of weeks towards this.

25x52. This one is personal, of my own creation, and why I've christened this the year of giving. It's about giving back--which in many respects has been a lacking quality in my life--and a reassessment of where I'm at. I'll have more on this in another post to follow tonight, along with my first donation of the year (which I just made a little while ago).

With that, I will wish you all a Happy New Year once more, and I look forward to taking on 2010!

No comments: