Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday’s Unique Music

The week got off to an interesting start, as two music related events greeted me on Monday morning.

The first, which I don’t think I can really talk about (I’ll have to confirm with the person who made the offer), prompts me to visit New York City today with Catherine for a secret concert—which I should be attending shortly after this posts (the wonders of scheduled blogging, you know). I’ll let you know how it went later, and reveal the deal if it’s not a sooper-secret event and I’m allowed to tell you all. I know for sure I won’t have pictures to offer, as they have asked attendees to refrain form taking any. Bummer, but I only have my iPhone camera which isn’t all that great anyway for high quality pictures.


The other bit of news is that I won a contest. SF Signal, a great news site for all things SF/F related, ran a contest to giveaway three copies of John Anealio’s SciFi Songs CD. SciFi Songs is a collection of Anealio’s science fiction inspired music, among my favorites’ is “George R. R. Martin is Not Your Bitch” which if you don’t know who he is and why he’s not your bitch, is probably not all that amusing (I won’t go into the long backstory here, but it involves Mr. Martin, Neil Gaiman, and a bunch of angry fans). Sadly, that one is not on the album, but other cool cuts are. You can check out some of his songs on his site. I’ll most likely have a review for the 42 Challenge after I receive it, it should be fun.

No comments: